Thai Airways Refund

Options
Me and my friend booked flights in October 2019 for August 2020 with Thai Airways to Colombo from Heathrow and back, with a stopover in Bangkok on the way back for a few days. All of these flights were cancelled just before the UK went into lockdown in March 2020. I had an initial response acknowledging my refund case in October 2020, saying they are processing refunds as quickly as possible and could be a maximum of 180 days. Since then I have kept emailing Thai for updates as to when I will receive my refund. Every time I email, they either say 6 months or they don't know when or if I'll get it all back. This cost me and my friend £1490 combined and being students, we desperately need this money back. We paid using credit card so wondered if there's anything the credit card company can do or whether to wait for the refund to eventually come through? Thai are the only airline I'm aware of, having spoken to friends and family with holidays/flights booked all throughout 2020, who are taking this long to refund customers.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thai Airways is technically bankrupt and attempting to restructure itself. Has until the 2nd February to come up with a rescue plan or will go under. 
  • Butts
    Butts Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If you have been waiting since March last year for a refund of cancelled flights I would put in a Section 75 Claim to your Credit Card Company to recoup the money.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback