AVRO missing from cheap energy club

Options
I am currently with this supplier and they have been the cheapest over the last year.
Why are they now missing from the list of companies shown in the comparison?
I am pretty sure they were still there a few weeks ago.

Comments

• Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Try putting in BG standard etc . Avro should pop up.
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • Grumpazoid
    Grumpazoid Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 January 2021 at 4:15PM
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. It was a bit of a faff but I did as you suggest ie saying my current supplier is BG and AVRO does indeed pop up in the results. The trouble is, I want a comparison with my current AVRO tariff, not BG. This used to work fine?
  • Grumpazoid
    Options
    Thinking about it the cheap energy tool is very misleading as it is not showing me one of the best tariffs that I can switch to.
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 January 2021 at 4:28PM
    Options
    Thinking about it the cheap energy tool is very misleading as it is not showing me one of the best tariffs that I can switch to.
    The CEC has been broken for ages.  In fact, it's getting worse because at every stage it actively steers you towards commission paying tariffs which are never the best value.
    Always start with Citizens Advice and 'Which? Switch'.
  • Grumpazoid
    Options
    Gerry1 said:
    The CEC has been broken for ages.  In fact, it's getting worse because at every stage it actively steers you towards commission paying tariffs which are never the best value.
    Always start with Citizens Advice and 'Which? Switch'.
    Yes, I was beginning to feel that way. Really don't like the idea of autoswitch. I will check out your tips. Thanks very much.
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't forget that separate suppliers are often cheaper than dual fuel.  CA also has a useful list of Customer Service ratings.
  • JimmyN2
    Options
    I am currently with this supplier and they have been the cheapest over the last year.
    Why are they now missing from the list of companies shown in the comparison?
    I am pretty sure they were still there a few weeks ago.

I started looking around and then they offered me a new deal, ok a bit more than last year, but cheaper than everyone else except those with a high exit fee.  Avro are still £0 for both fuels.  I’ve stayed and that’s the first time for years that I’ve stayed with same supplier.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback