Specsavers varifocals

2»

Comments

• wort
    wort Posts: 1,672 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm sure specsavers have a refund policy , with varifocals, I would contact them straight away and discuss options. 
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'm a long time varifocal wearer.

Specsavers branches are a variable feast.  The good are good but hit a bad one and...

Last Specsavers I went to, after moving home, got my script wrong such that far distance was blurred/out of focus but their Optometrists (in short rooms) insisted I preferred their script so I gave up in the end. It was a significant script change, too (from my old Specsavers for 10 years previously). 

About a year later I went to Boots and got a different script, much closer to my old.  Lesson learned.  Varifocals from Asda. Perfect far distance vision again. Cheaper, too.
  • Have always used specsavers but I've just had worst experience and will not be using again! Website clearly states for varifocal buy one get free offer you pay for lens in the first pair only. My prescription means I have to have thin lenses. So my £99 glasses on buy one get free turned into £278! How on earth can that be advertised as buy one get one free! I put one pair back but still had to pay £130 for my £99 glasses. I have collected my glasses and they have obviously not been measured up properly and are unusable. I will be returning and getting full refund and going elsewhere. That's the only good thing left at specsavers that they do give you a full refund if you return them within 30 days 
  • PoGee
    PoGee Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 21 January 2022 at 2:28PM
    I had the same issue - sounds like the centres are off. They need to sort this out. If you say 'I think the centres are out', they'll think you know what you're talking about and take the issues with the specs seriously. It'll probably mean that they need to make up new lenses but that's off their own back as it's their error. Did they put a frame on you and mark where your pupils are? That's what they did with me.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback