Redundancy/administration

I was being paid furlough,then today we get told by the company to join a call. Telling us we should all recieve a redundancy package through the post that states to claim redundancy money and claim benefits.

are they company not supposed to give us pre notice ? They are saying they filled for bankruptcy today. Not sure if they had gone the right way about this. 
Any advise will be much appreciated 

Comments

• sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite

If they have filed for bankruptcy that basically means they have no money to pay the bills. Which includes the employees. So they do not need to give you notice as they can't afford to pay you.

It sounds like the letter will be to tell you what you can claim from the government instead.

Have a look at https://www.gov.uk/your-rights-if-your-employer-is-insolvent

• sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite

If they have filed for bankruptcy that basically means they have no money to pay the bills. Which includes the employees. So they do not need to give you notice as they can't afford to pay you.

It sounds like the letter will be to tell you what you can claim from the government instead.

Have a look at https://www.gov.uk/your-rights-if-your-employer-is-insolvent

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Kentlions said:

are they company not supposed to give us pre notice ? They are saying they filled for bankruptcy today. Not sure if they had gone the right way about this. 

The Directors will have been fighting to the very last minute to keep the business afloat. Considering all possible options. Unfortunately the employees receive no forewarning of the business of such an event. The Company will now be in the hands of external administrators. 
  • Iv just been told that my store of 28 years is closing and I have to go in with my staff next week to clear it out. I'm a fulltime store manager and the company is in administration. What will I be entitled too 
  • lynrob said:
    Iv just been told that my store of 28 years is closing and I have to go in with my staff next week to clear it out. I'm a fulltime store manager and the company is in administration. What will I be entitled too 
    Depends on how old you are and your pay as far as redundancy is concerned.
    You;d also be entitled to wages and any accrued holiday not taken (or a deduction could be due if more holiday had been taken than accrued).
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    lynrob said:
    Iv just been told that my store of 28 years is closing and I have to go in with my staff next week to clear it out. I'm a fulltime store manager and the company is in administration. What will I be entitled too 
    Link below

https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-redundancy-pay
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport