Forum Home» Motoring

Cancelling agreement with Auxillus via Admiral

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Cancelling agreement with Auxillus via Admiral

edited 20 January at 10:21PM in Motoring
4 replies 91 views
Ella_fellaElla_fella Forumite
35 posts
Third Anniversary 10 Posts
edited 20 January at 10:21PM in Motoring
I recently reported an accident to my insurers Admiral whereby a lorry cab ran into the side of my car and smashed my wing mirror then drove off, I managed to follow the driver until they did stop and exchanged details, all of this I captured on dashcam.
Reported this to Admiral who advised I use their 3rd party accident management company Auxillus. At this point I was not aware that Admiral could have handled the claim myself but was advised that they would pass me through to Auxillus.
So Auxillus sent my details through to a local garage who examined my car and signed the credit agreement to say they would provide me with a hire car which they dropped off yesterday at massive £200 a day for an Audi A3. I am now very uneasy about the whole situation, the garage is obviously now trying to get as much repair work authorised as possible and Auxillus are obviously in league with them for their kick back and reading some reviews with the liability not even been settled yet by the 3rd party insurers I am now desperately concerned that I have done the right thing by letting Admiral put me onto Auxillus in the first place when they did not divulge that they could have handled the case themselves.
My car hasn't been booked into the garage yet and I have had the car for less than 24 hours, am I able to cancel this agreement and go through Admiral instead? Or claim from the third party insurers?
I am very uncomfortable now about using Auxillus reading reviews and then having to appear in court or them chase me for the money if the third party denies responsibility.

Replies

• williamgriffinwilliamgriffin Forumite
    827 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    What does your contract say about cancellation? By the sound of it you'll be at least £400 into it by the morning. 
  • Ella_fellaElla_fella Forumite
    35 posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts
    What does your contract say about cancellation? By the sound of it you'll be at least £400 into it by the morning. 
    It says I will be liable for a proportion of that which has been performed until cancellation is received.
    So I guess the next option would be could I just return the car and say I do not need it anymore? Or ask for a smaller cheaper car instead?

• AdrianCAdrianC Forumite
    37.1K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I guess the next option would be could I just return the car and say I do not need it anymore? Or ask for a smaller cheaper car instead?
    DO you NEED a car? DO you NEED a car like that?

If not, then absolutely. Because you can bet the other insurer will query it when they get the bill.
  • SandtreeSandtree Forumite
    3.6K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone who's worked in defending claims I naturally hate credit hire and repairs plus what they do to everyone's premiums. The reality however is that the vast majority of claims go through fairly smoothly despite the horror stories you will read.

Given you're already in hire to cancel the agreement now would make you liable for the costs incurred to date and to the point they collect the vehicle. It would be a costly decision to make.

If you read the credit agreement the language will be a little bit convoluted because its trying to fudge a personal liability to you which then gives them the right to claim on your behalf. However, if you read it with a cold towel, probably a few times, it is likely to say that as long as you continue to support their efforts to recover their monies and havent committed fraud etc then you will have no personal liability for any shortfall in what they manage to get back from the other party.