New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Charities Board

We’re struggling at the moment with the huge volumes of messages we’re getting from Forumites about coronavirus and the impact it’s having on their finances. We’re a small team, with limited resources, but we’re doing our best to manage this spike in demand.

At this time, please note the Charities Board should only be used by registered charities and not include personal posts. I’m afraid we will have to delete any posts that aren’t from a registered charity. If you are facing personal financial difficulties at the moment, please use MSE’s coronavirus guides – they contain all the info we have and are constantly being updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

Moving grant?

1 reply 35 views
bankrupt1bankrupt1 Forumite
3 posts
Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi hi I was wondering if anyone knows of a charity that could help me with moving costs of around £700-£1000 I desperately to move closer to my daughter’s dad for help supporting my daughter after I sustained a head injury and after a sexual assault in November I no longer feel safe in my home town . need to move I am in social housing so I am hoping a house will become available to move to ASAP. 
Any help and advice appreciated 
thank you

Replies

• _shel_shel Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    bankrupt1 said:
    Hi hi I was wondering if anyone knows of a charity that could help me with moving costs of around £700-£1000 I desperately to move closer to my daughter’s dad for help supporting my daughter after I sustained a head injury and after a sexual assault in November I no longer feel safe in my home town . need to move I am in social housing so I am hoping a house will become available to move to ASAP. 
    Any help and advice appreciated 
    thank you
     Why would it cost that much? 
    I used a man and van for a 3 bed house and paid £200
    Don't Buy The S*n