David Lloyd Gym

edited 14 January 2021 at 3:53PM in Consumer Rights
Julietink1968Julietink1968 Forumite
1 Post
edited 14 January 2021 at 3:53PM in Consumer Rights
Hi, I’ve never been on anything like this before so please excuse me if I am not doing something incorrectly. I joined David Lloyd Gym in July 2020, just after the lockdown when it re- opened. I joined with my partner(who is a postman). We decided as a treat we would get our daughter, her partner & their 2 children a family membership to. So we bought 2 memberships that day. The guy went though the terms and conditions with us to set up a direct debit, we were fortunate to be in  by a position at that point to pay in full on my debit card. It was approx 5K.
My daughters partner had a stoma fitted just a month before we joined & we thought as we all live together, with the kids club we could enjoy our relaxing time at the gym. Obviously with COVID the dynamic’s have changed & the gym isn’t something of a place to have lunch & relax anymore. I have RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) which has flared up a couple of times, to cut along story short , between the gym closing for lockdown, & restricted facilities the children’s club has never been open,it’s never had the full facilities working all the time we have been members,  so on the 10th of Dec I wrote to cancel it as it’s just a waste of money. I received 2 auto emails & eventually they got back to me on the 4th to say because I paid in full I am on an annual membership & there is nothing they can do only extend it to September 2021. Isn’t that a form of mis selling? I should have been told surely that because I paid in full I wasn’t allowed to give 28 days notice? Thank you for any help it’s much appreciated