Narrow Escape!

Options
I tried to pay for something through Paypal but was told that my credit card had been denied. Panic started, I telephoned Abbey credit card, and apparently someone had tried to make a transaction with my card from Texas yesterday. Fortunately this was the reason my card was stopped, it was recognised as an 'unusual' transaction. Another attempt was made a few hours later, but the card had already been stopped.

I will be receiving a letter tomorrow giving me instructions of what to do. I was told it was no fault of mine at all, and to not worry, but frankly it DOES worry me. HOW did this happen? I NEVER EVER click on links etc.:confused:

Just another comment, I happened to mention at the start of my conversation that it was worrying the thought of not being able to use the card for example if I was abroad on holiday....... I was told that it is always a good idea to let the credit card company know when you are leaving the country, as the card could quite easily be stopped, SO...... be careful those of you that are off on your hols over the Christmas period!
When man sacrifices the Love of POWER for the Power of Love, there will be peace on earth.

Comments

• Zebedee69
    Zebedee69 Posts: 1,034 Forumite
    Options
    Its details might have been nicked off internet? It could have been swiped...... anything could have happened realy. Its lucky Abbey were as quick as they were......
  • Sagaris
    Sagaris Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Shame they didn't do that with my account - the first fraudulant transactions appeared in April, and Abbey let 9 transactions from abroad be taken from the account, which caused all sorts of problems! They finally refunded the last of the money in July. :(
    I now bank with A&L! :rotfl:
    :j Almost 2 stones gone! :j
    :heart2: RIP Clio 1.9.93 - 7.4.10 :heart2:
    :p I WILL be tidy, I WILL be tidy! :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business