We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Pure Planet

kelali
kelali Posts: 6
Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
Forumite
I received an email from Pure Planet saying I have an outstanding amount on my account from 2019 of £58.87 to pay. They have given me a sort code and an account number but no contact number? I then received a letter from Reach Out Assist on behalf of Pure Planet. I’m not sure if this is a scam? Any advice would be great 👍 

Comments

  • Pure planet dont' have a contact number which is why there wouldn't have been one on there.

    Check all your past bills and payments and do some calculations in a spreadsheet (or paper and calculator) to see if you get to the same number. Have you tried re-downloading the app to see if you can log in that way?

    You can always try contacting them on twitter?
  • kelali
    kelali Posts: 6
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks, I left Pure Planet in 2019, I change providers every year. I sent a message on the app hopefully someone will get back to me. The outstanding amount is apparently from my final bill. I was just worried as there are so many scams about at the minute. Thanks for your quick reply 😊
  • I just received a similar email, after lots of research I think the email is genuine. However it is wrong as I definitely do not owe any money. I have emailed back screenshots of my final bill and the payment being taken.
  • I got the same email saying I owed £80.30 but that was the exact amount I was in credit when I closed the account last year (and they refunded me).

    Sent them an email back with my last bill attached to make it clear I owed nothing.

    Presume they sent this in error but it's so dodgy as it just lists the BACs and it feels like they're extorting money that isn't owed to them.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.