EFL Championship Team Home Games Season Ticket Refund

2»

Comments

• MLHOBBS80 said:
    MLHOBBS80 said:
    So I cancelled the direct debit...... And got a crappy auto email saying I still owe funds to Derby County 🤦🏻‍♀️ obviously I don't, they owe me. 
    Cancelling a direct debit doesn't remove your responsibility to make payments for a financial product you took out a contract on.

If you technically owe them money e.g. you agreed to pay for the season ticket by finance, expect to see various legal threats, fees etc on top eventually ending up with a CCJ
    Understood but surely the contract is null and void if they cant deliver football games. They also revoked the TV subscription code in November which they said they wouldnt do until the refund was issued... To me it seems they are the ones in breach? TBH It looks like they will be in administration next week if this sale isnt completed - I guess we have nothing then either?
    Yes the contract may be null and void but you never, ever, deal with issues like that by simply cancelling the DD and hoping for the best - you need to get stuff in writing from the club about what the situation is etc 
  • I posted here for advice and that's what has been suggested to do? In so confused now, should I reinstate the DD for something which was requested to be cancelled In September. I have that in writing and that we are awaiting our refund. Its the fact that other clubs are regularly refunding their fans and we are getting zilch and very little communication other than your in a queue.

Seems they haven't paid their first team full pay in December, a takeover is apparently immenint....... Or its administration. 

Please only comment if you have advice which can help me.......... 
  • MLHOBBS80 said:

That's what I did. By cancelling the DD you don't remove the debt. Whether it's administrators or a new owner, if you owe them money they can come after you and trash your credit record with something like a CCJ which doesn't help anyone.
  • MLHOBBS80 said:

That's what I did. By cancelling the DD you don't remove the debt. Whether it's administrators or a new owner, if you owe them money they can come after you and trash your credit record with something like a CCJ which doesn't help anyone.
    They can't exactly come after me foe something that was confirmed cancelled I'm sure. It was confirmed I would be getting a refund since Sept........ They aren't processing anything to anyone 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback