Bad dental work

Just had a bridge done paid private and not happy with it am anxious when going back to dentist how to approach it Do not want to get the dentist anti towards me but can’t live with it as it is any suggestions please 

Replies

• brewthebearbrewthebear Forumite
    275 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Just to add there are in my view several issues I do not want him to think I’m critisizing his work when in fact it could be the dental lab who made the bridge 
  • edited 11 January at 11:35AM
    thepurplepixiethepurplepixie Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 January at 11:35AM
    Just explain the issues, I've had to ask dentists to amend things in the past and always found them understanding.  I find a fairly small adjustment can make all the difference.  Hope you get it sorted.
    Make £2020 in 2020
    January Total £1099.77 :j Year todate total £3769.29
    275 Posts
    ✭✭
    In my opinion the colour is wrong teeth too big too long and don’t sit adjacent to other teeth so would want a new bridge making that was one of the reasons I went private to get a good match I have asked a dental technician to take a look and he was of the same opinion as myself That is why I’m rather nervous going back with so many things wrong and do not want to be fobbed off To sit in front of him and list several things I will find daunting hence help in how to approach the issue nicely and not look like I’m finding fault unecessarily

• KatiehoundKatiehound Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well depends if this is a dentist working alone or in a larger practice.
    If a larger practice then you could make your views known to the practice manager.

Whatever- if the bridge is wrong then you just go back, maybe with a list of the problems. If you have paid for something that isn't correct then you are entitled to have it fixed/ replaced, this is especially important if the device is in  your mouth! It possibly means that you can not eat or talk properly

Long ago I had a dental plate that was really uncomfortable, didn't fit etc. I complained to the manager, switched dentists and got a refund
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

• UndervaluedUndervalued Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to add there are in my view several issues I do not want him to think I’m critisizing his work when in fact it could be the dental lab who made the bridge 
    Well as far as the patient / customer is concerned it is "his" work. It is his responsibility to ensure that anything he sources or sub-contracts is done to an acceptable standard.

If there is a problem he must make it right for you then he can take it up with his supplier if he wishes.
  • ToothsmithToothsmith Forumite
    9.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    First thing - don't go getting all stewed up about it until you've just gone back and explained to the dentist that you're not happy and why you're not happy. 

There is every possibility you'll just go back, see the dentist, they'll be happy to get it just as you want. 

I am a bit cross at the technician - as the most helpful thing they could have said would have been "Have you told the dentist of your concerns?" And if the answer was "No" then just to say, "Well go and see them and see what they say" 

Not until that had happened should he have offered any opinion. 

So - do that. Go back, explain the problems you have with it, and see where it goes from there. No one wants an unhappy patient. 
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
    275 Posts
    ✭✭
    I have an app this week I had already told the surgery I was unhappy with the results on the same day after I got home they could not get me an app until this week I am anxious about being told it’s ok was my expectations too high I expected to look normal and not be able to tell. Previous I had a crown which came out and a bridge was the suggestion and to take the other crown out to get better lasting result and cosmetically