We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Consumer Rights in a pandemic
Hello, I have recently purchased a car advertised on motors.co.uk which given the pandemic I had delivered at a cost.
It turns out that the car is not as described. It was advertised as having done 118000 miles when in fact it has 147000 mile. It was sold as having 2 key to which it was delivered with only one. It has a cracked windscreen which was not divulged by the seller. Lastly it was mot'd ob sale but it has arrived with a fault that should have been flagged as a major fault on th MoT but wad not.
Since receiving the car the seller, a limited company in car sales, has dodged all communications including one saying that I am happy to accept £350 rebate to repair these faults.
My question is when I enact my right to return under the consumers act, can I claim the cost of delivery also?
My question is when I enact my right to return under the consumers act, can I claim the cost of delivery also?
Many thanks in advance
0
Comments
-
Yes.
When rejecting goods because they are faulty or do not match their description, you are legally entitled to a full refund of the price paid as well as any delivery costs.
How did you pay for the car?0 -
I paid by Bank transfer0
-
Was any of it paid by credit card? Deposit?
Playing "devil's advocate", irrespective of the description, was either the mileage or the condition of the windscreen evident from photos in the advert? Or other checks into the vehicle history, MOT status, HPI etc?0 -
Why did you accept delivery if it had a cracked windscreen and only one key?
Did you not check the mileage when it was delivered.?1 -
If everything was absolutely definitely done at a distance, you have 14 days to reject, and the vendor is responsible for the costs of collection from where it was delivered.
Next time, don't be so daft as to buy a 120k (you thought...) car sight-unseen online. The site you looked at don't sell cars, they're just an ad portal. Same as your newsagent's window or local paper or autotrader.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards