PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cheap and practical lo-carb recipe for lunch @ work

Options
13»

Comments

• Newbird
    Newbird Posts: 488 Forumite
    Options
    Alcmene - How do you make low carb rolls? is there a recipe anywhere pls?
    Bless Martin's Little Cotton Socks. I thank him for giving us MSE. Look what its grown into!

MFW = ASAP #124
  • colin_tomlinson
    Options
    Low-carb rolls: just use almond flour instead of bread flour. This can be purchased, or just make your own by blitzing almonds in the food processor until they're dust!
  • kackleful
    Options
    Can u please post the recipe for these rolls please! I too am very interested! Many thanks!
  • Anita75
    Anita75 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Can you have avocados? My favourite lunch is a sliced avocado with olives, sliced red and yellow peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and whatever else is in the fridge. Top it all off with some lemon juice and black pepper and you're laughing.

Get the avos from the market though as supermarket ones are rip offs (except Morrisons, oddly...maybe they've started growing them in Yorkshire).

I LOVE this, I do something very similar. Avocados are great! I also do a watercress and papaya salad thats nice but more summery.

For the winter months soup are freezable and easy to reheat.
    I also make the Hairy Biker's chilli salad bowls. Even without the tortilla (and cheese if you want to be more healthy) they are delicious and you can freeze the chilli then serve with a little salad.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure