Lily lolo makeup

Happy New Year forumites. I am looking to purchase a mineral foundation and eyeshadow as I feel it is time to revamp/update my look. In the past I have used Jane Iredale but found it very expensive. I was wondering if anyone uses the brand and if you like it, and which products you would recommend. Thanks 

Replies

• donnac2558donnac2558 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never used it but there were always great reviews  on beauty forums that did.use it.
  • ruby_eskimoruby_eskimo Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've used it before but it didn't sit well with my skin.  They used to do a lot of sample packs so maybe see if you can get one to work out if it's best for you.  There are lots of mineral makeup companies out there now, Bare Minerals being probably the best known.  Personally my favourite is Lucy Minerals, a small independent company based in the US but sometimes shipping can be a little steep, but one pot lasts for a very long time even with daily wear.
    Emergency Fund - £6,100 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £3566.50
    LISA 2021 - £1671 :: NSD September - 2 / 20 :: Weight Loss: 35 / 58lbs :: Decluttering - 1177 / 2001 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐🏅🏅
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • maddiemaymaddiemay Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought the sample pots and liked the coverage, I am an old bird, therefore, my skin has to be well hydrated to use mineral powders. Whilst testing then I came across Youngblood (Aussie) brand at local salon and bought a couple of pots of that as they were changing their stocked brands, I did buy Lily Lolo Flawless Silk finishing powder and like that.   I tend to use liquid foundations in the Winter and mineral late Spring Autumn.  Bare Minerals does or at least did contain talc and their powders and eyeshadows make me itch.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • astrocytic_kittenastrocytic_kitten Forumite
    542 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    The mineral foundation has been my go-to for a few years, I like that it’s pretty matte (other mineral foundations I’ve tried have either been a bit too sparkly with light reflecting particles for my taste, or my skin just wasn’t happy with them - I also itched with bare minerals). My very sensitive skin was happy wearing it all day every day back in the days when I went into the office and wore foundation daily, and it’s a good colour match for my pale skin.

I think I got maybe a week or so of wear out of the sample pot, it’s definitely worth ordering some of those and also doing a bit of research into what shades are most likely to work. If I remember rightly there was a big thread on their site where they gave advice based on which shades in other foundation brands you wore.
    Debt at LBM (Dec 2018): £23,167
    Debt free Feb 2021
  • MrsCatzMrsCatz Forumite
    15 Posts
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts
    Thank you Ruby Eskimo, Maddie May and astrocytic kitten. I have very sensitive skin so I will try and get some samples and see how it goes. I do love wearing make up and having been trying to keep it up during lockdown. Mainly because I want to use it up before it goes off.