Eon cancelled my direct debit

barnabee
barnabee Posts: 1,210 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
I am one of the 1.5m eon customers who had a direct debit taken early because of their error. On the 29th Dec I had this refunded into my bank.
However today, 31 Dec, I have just had an email informing me that they are moving me onto a much more expensive tariff as my bank has cancelled my monthly direct debit. I haven't cancelled it so this was a complete surprise.
I have just checked my banking app and the eon direct debit is showing as cancelled.
I am unable to contact eon and am waiting for my bank to answer me. Anyone else had this happening?

Comments

• barnabee
    barnabee Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Update from my bank. It seems when they were asked to recall the eon direct debit taken early on the 24th Dec they not only did a recall but made an error and cancelled the direct debit completely including any further payments to Eon. As my tariff requires payment by direct debit Eon have made that void and moved me automatically onto a extortionate tariff.
    Hope this hasn't affected anyone else who did a direct debit recall under the guarantee scheme.
    I guess with all the problems in 2020 mistakes are getting more frequent as staff burn out under pressure.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback