Stop Google Fit false recording?

JustAnotherSaverJustAnotherSaver Forumite
6K Posts
Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
✭✭✭✭
Does Google Fit offer any benefits over Samsung Health at all?
I have a Galaxy Watch 3 and use Samsung Health to look at various stats. Steps, sleep, so on and so forth. I get the occasional notification from Google Fit. Apparently i'm meeting my heart targets or whatever. I had a look today and according to the Fit app i've done a number of bicycle ride activities today .... except i've been at work all day and haven't been on my bike for about 2 weeks. What i was actually doing was driving plant machinery and I had my watch on and also my phone in my jacket pocket.

If it doesn't offer any benefit whatsoever then i may as well turn it off, if that's even possible. Even still though, how do you stop it false recording?

Replies

• custardycustardy Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can edit those recordings in the journal tab of Google fit.
  • JustAnotherSaverJustAnotherSaver Forumite
    6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    custardy said:
    You can edit those recordings in the journal tab of Google fit.
    I haven't really experienced Google Fit so don't know my way in and about it.

I've just had a look in that Journal thing and will i have to forever manually delete these entries every time i jump on plant machinery or will it detect that i keep deleting these types of activities and then no longer record them? (and probably not record my next actual bike ride?).