Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Debt recovery plus and euro car parks

I have spoken with DRP who don't want excuses, just payment in full by the fourth of January or they will take me to court. ECP will not send me proof that they sent me any notices and that I must speak to DRP. The charge is £155 which is ludicrous. I was not driving the vehicle at the time and we were visiting the area at the time. I have refused to pay, is this the right decision?

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    34.4K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is , ignore drp , do not contact them again

Read the Newbies FAQ sticky thread near the top of the forum , third thread down

Email a SAR to the DPO at ECP to obtain all your data , attaching a copy of the V5C as proof of I D under the GDPR law , or 2 recent redacted utility bills as proof instead
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zimrhino said:
    I have spoken with DRP who don't want excuses, just payment in full by the fourth of January or they will take me to court. ECP will not send me proof that they sent me any notices and that I must speak to DRP. The charge is £155 which is ludicrous. I was not driving the vehicle at the time and we were visiting the area at the time. I have refused to pay, is this the right decision?

You have read the Newbies thread have you ?

Never speak to DRP ........ circus clowns

Wonder who you spoke to ?   was it the one with the big red nose or the one with big flippers ?

That must sound stupid ..... but that's what DRP are ..... IGNORE THIS HONEY MONSTER
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    95.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Zimrhino said:

Hilarious! 

DRP don't take anyone to court, what on EARTH were you thinking by ringing them up?  Sigh.

You really need to read post #4 of the NEWBIES thread (NO LINK GIVEN).  We do not want any threads about laughable DRP.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edited 30 December 2020 at 7:31PM
    BrownTroutBrownTrout Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 December 2020 at 7:31PM
    You dont speak to that odious bunch of cretins on the phone.
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umkomaas said:
    The spirit of Christmas seems to have deserted you early this year BT. 😂
    I think that's because BT bought tickets to the DRP circus and they refused a refund.

However, I do think people should be very careful when touching a DRP letter, it may be contaminated with covid ......  BURN THEM AND STAY SAFE, WASH YOUR HANDS

RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
  • BrownTroutBrownTrout Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    beamerguy said:
    Umkomaas said:
    The spirit of Christmas seems to have deserted you early this year BT. 😂
    I think that's because BT bought tickets to the DRP circus and they refused a refund.

However, I do think people should be very careful when touching a DRP letter, it may be contaminated with covid ......  BURN THEM AND STAY SAFE, WASH YOUR HANDS

Some of their staff are the rudest of rude on the phone and out right lies, they hate being challenged. although their live chat can be fun!