IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Retrospective Charging of Parking

Options
NHS staff car park query
Colleague of mine has changed cars. She informed the parking team. They've now come back saying previous car wasn't registered so daily charge of this car hasn't been charged. However my colleague has proof that some payment has been taken out of her payslip monthly but  it appears not all.
Parking have gone back as far as 2018 and literally logged everytime the car has parked on site and charges due. This equates to over £500 owed.
At no point had parking ever queried this car nor chased up any payment. It has only been highlighted upon change of vehicle. 
My colleague accepts parking must be paid she has been off over a year with a long term illness, now working very short hours and cannot possibly afford this.
Parking say she wasn't registered but she must have been for payment to come out and how far back can they go for charging? Is there any way we can argue legally against a 3 year retrospective charge. Could she offer part payment? Should she offer part payment? 
She wanted some advice before bringing the Union into it. 
Any advice greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Parking have gone back as far as 2018 and literally logged everytime the car has parked on site and charges due. This equates to over £500 owed.
    Is this a charge from her NHS employer, or a private parking provider? If the latter, we can help, if it's the former, it's a conditions of employment issue, and should be handled by her staff representatives.  
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • batesy2007
    Options
    The Trust has a contract with a 3rd party Parking and Security Group. 
    The payments though come directly out of our wages.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    So just who is asking for the money?  Has there been written correspondence?  If so can we see a redacted version of it (or examples if there is a wad of paperwork). 

Can you link us to the website of 'Parking and Security Group' because there is more than one that crops up via a Google search. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I think this is something to refer to her Union and her MP to help her argue her case. 

Doesn't sound like a parking firm, more of an employment law situation.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • batesy2007
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    So just who is asking for the money?  Has there been written correspondence?  If so can we see a redacted version of it (or examples if there is a wad of paperwork). 

Can you link us to the website of 'Parking and Security Group' because there is more than one that crops up via a Google search. 
    It's the Security and Parking company asking for the money, no formal letter, just an email. I looked into their policy and my colleague should have at least received a Notice of non compliance but she hasn't. 
    I'll get more details tomorrow as the issue was dropped on me unexpectedly
  • BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Post up the letter redacted or send it to me via PM..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback