Parcelforce compensation

Options
I paid for a parcelforce service online on dec 15th and dropped the parcel off at my local post office,the lady behind the counter never scanned the parcel.
the parcel was collected and taken to the local sorting office where it was mistakenly loaded on to a Royal Mail lorry instead of a parcelforce vehicle.
I have this in writing from parcelforce and they say they are waiting for the Royal Mail to give it to them.
this has been going on for two weeks now and I’m no further on,the parcel was insured and obviously hasn’t been delivered by the required date of 24/12.
what are my rights?

Comments

• davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You'll probably need to give them more of a chance for it to turn up - I doubt it's going to be declared "lost" already. I'd expect the relevant period to be explained on the Parcelforce website, isn't it?
  • Spank
    Spank Posts: 1,751 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Are you after compensation for a lost parcel or not being delivered on time?
  • Alsgasser
    Options
    Either
    i have 30 days from posting date to claim
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    How did Parcelforce track it back to being at the Royal Mail if it wasn't scanned?
  • Alsgasser
    Options
    Good question 
  • mikb
    mikb Posts: 557 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    What did the receipt you were given say? If it wasn't scanned in, then there wouldn't be the necessary info for the receipt (either from a literal barcode scan, or typed in by hand).
  • MattMattMattUK
    Options
    You can claim for the value of the goods (you will need to produce evidence of the value of the goods) up to the value of the insurance you have on the consignment, as well as a refund of the freight costs. There is no "compensation" as you can not claim for consequential losses. 

If you did not take out additional insurance the standard limits for Parcelforce are on the link below.
    https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/sending/enhanced-compensation

Additionally some items are excluded from insurance, these are on the link below.
    https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/sending/items-we-exclude-compensation
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Royal Mail and parcel force have systems in place for collecting, transferring, and even delivering each other's parcels. The company I work for isn't set up to have collections from parcel force but we do have a daily collection from Royal Mail and they take our parcel force parcels too. The parcels get scanned in at the RM Mail centre 20 miles away then get transferred the further 10 miles to the PF depot and move through the PF network from there, it's never even caused a days delay doing it this way. Since the first lockdown started and parcel volumes have been up our postie has also delivered a number of PF parcels, only smaller items though, larger items have still come with PF themselves.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 December 2020 at 8:41PM
    Options
    Fosterdog said:
    Royal Mail and parcel force have systems in place for collecting, transferring, and even delivering each other's parcels. The company I work for isn't set up to have collections from parcel force but we do have a daily collection from Royal Mail and they take our parcel force parcels too. The parcels get scanned in at the RM Mail centre 20 miles away then get transferred the further 10 miles to the PF depot and move through the PF network from there, it's never even caused a days delay doing it this way. Since the first lockdown started and parcel volumes have been up our postie has also delivered a number of PF parcels, only smaller items though, larger items have still come with PF themselves.
    Thats an existing set up. 
    PF parcels should be collected by PF from PO's
    The items delivered by RM that were PF items are again a specific ad hoc set up, this has been brought in to take strain off the PF network.(mainly Adidas/Reebok items)
    TBH its all too common this happens and usually the items are delivered by RM or split out at MCs and forwarded to PF.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback