New Post Advanced Search

LOC from CST Law/Euro Car Parks

11 replies 175 views
Hello, I have received this LOC from CST Law regarding a charge at a Euro Car Park. I have previously ignored all debt collection letters over the last couple of years. I have read the newbie thread but it is a lot to take in! Would like to confirm my next course of action is to send a SAR to Euro Car Parks? Many thanks, I am very grateful for all the help and information available here. 

Replies

• BrownTroutBrownTrout Forumite
    2.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    A court claim unlikely to follow.
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    34.4K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have been appealed to ECP and popla over 2 years ago

Plan A is the best option , it always is (ignore was very foolish apart from the debt collectors) 

Read the CST law group thread regarding car law letters
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    33.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've not seen a CST fronted claim get anywhere near court. You just need to be aware of whatever drops through your letterbox over the next 6 years. We cannot predict the future, but I wouldn't lose much sleep over this. 

Come back if you get anything looking more like a court claim. 
  • EldunaElduna Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Redx said:
    Should have been appealed to ECP and popla over 2 years ago

Plan A is the best option , it always is (ignore was very foolish apart from the debt collectors) 

Read the CST law group thread regarding car law letters
    Sorry, I did not ignore the initial notice, I emailed the following: 

"I received the above parking notice today, 24 October 18, which I do not believe adheres to the BPA's Code of Practice. As stated on your letter, the car entered and left the car park in 10 minutes. As an Approved Operator, you are to allow time to assess the terms and conditions of the car park upon entering, which if I disagree with, I am free to leave the car park without charge. Your Code of Practice also allows a 10 minute grace period at the end of a parking period, so it is reasonable to assume 10 minutes is also a fair time to assess your terms and conditions. Additionally, given the cost to park at the car park for 20 mins is £0.30, this parking charge of £100 discounted to £60 if paid within 14 days, is grossly disproportionate and not a genuine pre-estimate of loss. 

I will not be paying your demand for payment. I trust you will confirm in writing that this charge has been cancelled, however should you choose to pursue me, please be aware that I will not enter into any correspondence, and this email will be the only one you will receive from me, until you respond to the specific points raised." 

I then ignored all debt collection letters. 

By plan A you mean the SAR?
    Thank you. 
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Umkomaas said:
    We've not seen a CST fronted claim get anywhere near court. You just need to be aware of whatever drops through your letterbox over the next 6 years. We cannot predict the future, but I wouldn't lose much sleep over this. 

CST have issued a lot of court claims BUT seem to be for multiple tickets only
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    33.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umkomaas said:

Have we seen one of those here yet?  I don't recall. Not that my recollection is something I overly rely on these days! 😄
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Umkomaas said:
    Umkomaas said:

Have we seen one of those here yet?  I don't recall. Not that my recollection is something I overly rely on these days! 😄
    Not on forum i dont think.
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CST talking rubbish again

1: CHARGE AMOUNT £160 ..... MAX FOR TICKET = £100
    2: £15 FOR TIME SPENT .... ALL PART OF CST SCAM

CST letters' forum group thread

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6166004/cst-letters-forum-group-thread/p1

As usual, you need to respond by asking for their legal authority to add £60 and £15
    CST don't like answering questions they have no answer for
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
  • edited 30 December 2020 at 11:18AM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    34.4K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 December 2020 at 11:18AM
    Plan A is detailed in the newbies FAQ sticky thread near the top of the forum , have you actually read that thread plus the acronyms ?

Plan A is a complaint to the retailer or managing agent or landowner , in writing

Plan B was your initial appeal

so plan C would have been the subsequent Popla appeal , which you have failed to mention so far

But plan A is still your best option , even now

Addendum , if your stay onsite was less than the time allowed in the BPA CoP , complain in writing to the BPA about this breach and give the PCN reference number plus copies of the paperwork and a brief timeline of events at the time , including entry and exit times
  • D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    7.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    As Beamer says, they have added unlawful amounts, complain to your MP.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.