Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

CST Law - Unpaid Debt Reminder Notice

Following the advice in the Newbies thread, I wrote to Asda prior to receiving the letter from CST Law and again followed up after receiving the letter. I received the response pasted below. I would welcome your advice on how I should follow up with this noting well that my letter from CST Law mentions "Our client has the right to commence proceeding against you to recover the debt for a period of 6 years from the date of the parking charge, however, our client would like to resolve the case amicably". The creditor is MET parking Services Ltd.

Hello 
Thanks for your email sent to Roger Burnley. My name is Claire and I am from the Executive Relations Team. I
have been asked to reply on his behalf and be your point of contact going forward.

I am sorry you have received a parking fine. I can appreciate your feelings about this, however as the appeal was rejected by an independent body there is nothing that we can do.

Once again, thanks for contacting us and I am sorry for the disappointment caused.

Kind regards
Claire
Asda Executive Relations

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    95.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You lost at POPLA?  That is not a reason for Asda not cancelling a scam parking charge.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    33.4K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You lost at POPLA?  That is not a reason for Asda not cancelling a scam parking charge.
    May not be a reason, but it's a convenient excuse to hide behind and do nothing. But I'm not convinced that Asda are contracting MET here (ParkingEye is the preferred supplier of parking antics for Asda), and unless Asda has some special cancellation rights, chasing them further might be a forlorn effort. 

As MET are litigiously benign, I'd be inclined to ignore them, and see where that takes things. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    34.5K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me that Asda are getting worse in the last couple of years !!

An email came to me recently from or on behalf of Roger Burnley where they have new covid19 queuing systems at Asda where you register your place in the queue on an app , go back to your vehicle and sit in it waiting for your turn

Meanwhile the clock is ticking away like Countdown since the anpr camera captured your entry and yet you haven't even made it through the door !!

The email made no mention of authorising or extending your allowed stay on site

I foresee many more PCN,s that are related to covid over the next few months

Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything said above is correct

CST Law came into the parking scam very late, they send out letters that lie, they seem to be in a dream world of their own and ..... we have not yet seen one case in court. If they did try court, their lack of knowledge would be fatal for them.   

CST letters' forum group thread

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6166004/cst-letters-forum-group-thread/p1

Asda are a great worry because they deceive their customers.  The letter from Claire above ... refers to the appeal being rejected ...... I assume when you wrote to the CEO you did not mention this ? so, Asda HAVE CONTACT with MET and could have easily cancelled the ticket. Asda preferred to fob you off.
    Clearly Claire does not know who pays her wages ..... it is the customer ?

I doubt the CEO ever saw your letter so you have been lied to.  If this is this is the way Asda treat customers, best to shop elsewhere. 

Write back to the CEO and mark it "For the personal attention of ..."  Use the above
    If he wants you, your family and friends to continue shopping at Asda please cancel this immediately.  And, maybe he should put Claire on the MET payroll as she does Asda no favours
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
  • Whiskey19Whiskey19 Forumite
    4 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thank you for your advice. I wrote back to Asda as per your recommendation. They responded more positively. I will revert when I learn more. Here is a copy of their feedback: 

Thanks for coming back to me.

I am sorry, I will be more than happy to look into this matter further for you. Are you able to send me a screenshot of your parking charge notice?

I will speak with our Car Parking Team and see what we can do to help.

Once again, thanks for contacting me and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
    Claire
    Asda Executive Relations
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing, once they understand you are not a mug, all of a sudden they are prepared to help.

RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    4 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    So they've replied denying they own the car park which I find bizarre given they must have agreed to have MET Parking services provide the car park for ASDA customers. Grateful for your advice on how to respond: 
    thank you for responding to my colleague, as Claire is not currently in the office I have picked this up in her absence.

Please accept my sincere apologies, however this car park is not owned or operated by Asda. Regretfully we are not able to assist you in relation to this parking charge notification you have received. I realise this isn't the response you were looking for and I am sorry we are not able to assist you with this matter.

I would like to wish you a happy New Year.

Kind regards

Kirsty

Asda Executive RelationsT

• UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    33.4K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umkomaas said:
    May not be a reason, but it's a convenient excuse to hide behind and do nothing. But I'm not convinced that Asda are contracting MET here (ParkingEye is the preferred supplier of parking antics for Asda), and unless Asda has some special cancellation rights, chasing them further might be a forlorn effort. 

As MET are litigiously benign, I'd be inclined to ignore them, and see where that takes things. 
    So they've replied denying they own the car park which I find bizarre given they must have agreed to have MET Parking services provide the car park for ASDA customers. Grateful for your advice on how to respond: 
    You seem not to have read my post above. I told you that would likely be the case. You need to get your special investigator hat on and dig out who the landowner really is. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    4 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I contacted the owner of the land Arla Old Dairy but no response. I have since received a Letter Before Claim. Any advice on how I should response would be gratefully received.