Santander All in One Credit Card - Change Product

Options
block10
block10 Posts: 214 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 28 December 2020 at 11:06PM in Credit cards
I currently have a Santander All in One Credit Card but given the £3 monthly fee, i would like to transfer it to a zero fee Santander card.
Has any one be able to transfer products with Santander? Or would i need to make a new application for the zero fee card and then try to transfer over the credit limit?

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    IMO You would need to apply first for the new card and if accepted then close down the old card.
  • jsmith9
    jsmith9 Posts: 419 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Call the number on the back of your card and explain what you would like to do.
  • funkycredit
    funkycredit Posts: 536 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 29 December 2020 at 4:53PM
    Options
    They will usually advise you to apply for the new card first. If they accept you then great - call them and ask them to move the limit of old card to new one then close it. Or keep both. 

If it's declined you can appeal - just call them and explain you've got a card but want to swap it and you were declined. They may be able to send to underwriting who can allow it and close the old one. 

Best bet is do an eligibility check on the card you want. You just can't have the same family. So as you've a red one you can apply for the all in one or the zero. 

You must have had your existing card 3+ months though. 
  • billn
    billn Posts: 318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I tried to transfer an "All in One" card to a "Zero" about three months ago and was told it wasn't something they could do over the phone and to do an eligibility check first which I failed, when I finally closed the All in One I was told to leave it for a couple of months and re-apply.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback