New Post Advanced Search

UK Hols and Theatre

Please check the MSE coronavirus guides that contain all the confirmed info we have – these guides are being constantly updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

For any specific Coronavirus related queries please post on the Coronavirus Boards on the forum:
Coronavirus Support & Help * Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

Grabbing an Xmas bargain?

14 replies 533 views
2»

Replies

• WeAreGhostsWeAreGhosts Forumite
    3K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    cubegame said:
    The real highlight though was someone who lectured me about even trying to travel to Cornwall in the midst of a pandemic! 
    Do you think the pandemic stops at the Tamar?

• cubegamecubegame Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    cubegame said:
    Well, my attempts were futile.
    I even spoke to three cottage owners who wouldn't even shift from their Xmas price by more than 10%. My tactic was to offer them their low season price (normally about a 1/4 of their Xmas price) but not one of them was interested. One even went as far as saying it was derisory despite me pointing out that he'd be happy for me to pay that if I booked a mere two weeks later!

The real highlight though was someone who lectured me about even trying to travel to Cornwall in the midst of a pandemic! 

My heart bleeds.
    If you don't have anything worth saying, why say it?
  • couriervanmancouriervanman Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    cubegame said:
    I even spoke to three cottage owners who wouldn't even shift from their Xmas price by more than 10%. My tactic was to offer them their low season price (normally about a 1/4 of their Xmas price) but not one of them was interested. One even went as far as saying it was derisory despite me pointing out that he'd be happy for me to pay that if I booked a mere two weeks later!

"The real highlight though was someone who lectured me about even trying to travel to Cornwall in the midst of a pandemic!"

And you cant understand why they said it........CLUE.....IT'S IRRESPONSIBLE & STUPID 
  • AlfrescodaveAlfrescodave Forumite
    841 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    cubegame said:
    cubegame said:

My heart bleeds.
    If you don't have anything worth saying, why say it?
    Actually it was worth saying, as it is exactly what I suspect many others were thinking.