There is a problem with this listing

Options
My daughter tried to list something today and got the following message:
Looks like a problem with this listing
We've noticed that you have been selling more. We want to ensure you continue to increase your sales successfully. Before listing any additional items please contact us to discuss your plans.......
Please click here to speak to customer services.................

The link to customer services doesn't work 
It's a private account and she sells very little but has been selling a box of old widgets (all the same) which belonged to her father, my late husband. Could that be a problem? She's no where near any of the selling limits
Love living in a village in the country side

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,266 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It ‘might ‘ be a trigger to upgrade to a business account, but eBay really don’t seem to bother with that much now . I sell in categories where there are ‘private’ sellers with several hundred listings, the only thing that seems to trigger an upgrade is if items are always new, which doesn’t seem to be the case from your description 

Try again tomorrow and if she still can’t list just give them a call.

EDIT : the only other thing it might be is managed payments , has your daughter received any notices about uploading bank details ready for the switch. 

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • in_my_wellies
    Options
    Thank you Soolin
    She hasn't had anything about managed payments yet 
    She has been listing them as 'new other' because they are new but old stock.  It was one of those silly situations where my husband ordered 5 but received 5 boxes each containing 100 and the company didn't want them back. She'll have to ring up as she can't list anything else.  Hopefully she'll get someone understanding on the phone
  • soolin
    Options
    Thank you Soolin
    She hasn't had anything about managed payments yet 
    She has been listing them as 'new other' because they are new but old stock.  It was one of those silly situations where my husband ordered 5 but received 5 boxes each containing 100 and the company didn't want them back. She'll have to ring up as she can't list anything else.  Hopefully she'll get someone understanding on the phone
    I suspect she has triggered the upgrade to a business then as several identical 'new' items are going to look like a business however it is explained. There is unlikely to be any going back from this, assuming my assumption is correct, she can either accept the upgrade and continue selling (obviously with listing fees and a return policy) or just abandon the account or attempt to get it closed down entirely.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • in_my_wellies
    Options
    Update
    She rang and he just said they needed to increase her selling limits which was already £14,000. As her total sales are around £400 since joining and £175 this month we're still confused. She asked if it was the widgets, he had a look and said no, just the limit. 
  • soolin
    Options
    Update
    She rang and he just said they needed to increase her selling limits which was already £14,000. As her total sales are around £400 since joining and £175 this month we're still confused. She asked if it was the widgets, he had a look and said no, just the limit. 
    That is strange, so can she now list without incurring listing fees and still as a private seller?  If so I would start to slowly put these things up while she can. 
  • in_my_wellies
    in_my_wellies Posts: 1,647 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 December 2020 at 10:34AM
    Options
    Yes, a private account. 
    We were thinking she's best not to list any for a while, just stick to odds and ends as usual
    She's only been listing them one at a time, not as multiple items and only selling one a fortnight.  With about 475 to go I was joking with her it would take 10 years. I think she might be best to spread them around charity shops as they would easily sell them

The email say £25000 a month! Crazy!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport