Toby's

Options
rockiedog
rockiedog Posts: 144 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
edited 18 December 2020 at 1:37PM in Going out deals
I visit Toby's several times a year, but lately we seem to be getting less and less meat on our plates, and also it's cut SO thin its tasteless.
I'd like to know how I  can cut it SO thin, I can't manage that at home.

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not a very good going out deal is it .
  • Elmer_BeFuddled
    Options
    oh_really said:
    So essentially you want tasteless meat at home?
    I'll send the wife round, she's a dab hand.
    PMSL!!   :smile:
    I'm writing a book on plagiarism. It wasn't my idea.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,282 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 29 January 2021 at 11:20AM
    Options
    We used to live a couple of hundred yards from a Toby and went there regularly.  In those days there was a good deal if ordered before 7.00 pm.

The last time we went to a Toby was 3 years ago.  The beef portions were fine but mine were half fat.  I don’t like fat, not because of dietary/health issues but because I just don’t like it!  We brought this to the attention of the staff who were very apologetic and brought me some more meat.  Sadly this was just as fatty.  They apologised again and said it was an unusually fatty joint!

my husband likes the fat so between us (bit like Jack Spratt) we did rather well.

We don’t live anywhere near a Toby now so don’t know what they are like now.

We have a local pub that has a pensioners special, carvery and home made dessert for £9.99.  The meat is local and very good, the desserts are amazing.  We’re hoping they survive Covid 
  • nicole_3
    nicole_3 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They charge extra to go large on the meat, I only go there when they have a voucher deal on, can't fit much on the plate once a yorkie pud is on there 😂
    Titch :)
  • Giantdaz74
    Giantdaz74 Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Disappointing ly but probably understandable they are now going to table service rather you being able to help yourself, so in effect just like anywhere else, the whole joy of Toby was slapping as much roasts/veg etc as you cared on your plate.
    I probably won't go again now.
  • Tokmon
    Tokmon Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Disappointing ly but probably understandable they are now going to table service rather you being able to help yourself, so in effect just like anywhere else, the whole joy of Toby was slapping as much roasts/veg etc as you cared on your plate.
    I probably won't go again now.

I went a couple months ago and even though it's "table service" you still go up and tell them how much you want of each item and they have no issue with piling it on if that's what you want!. 
  • Zinger549
    Zinger549 Posts: 1,308 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I believe they have gone back to self service now.
    Come on you Irons
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure