Time away settings

Options
In case this has bypassed some sellers- it is now possible for all sellers, with or without a shop to temporarily stop their listings from being sold. Search for 'time away settings', it is in different places for different ebay views, and you can close your sales, have an automatic message displayed and set a time to restart them again. I'm just putting all my accounts on shut down until Christmas Eve now.

Interestingly they appear to have listened to complaints about the previous system as now it automatically hides your listings, on the old system you had to tick an extra box to actually stop sales as well. 
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• kalsha
    kalsha Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Even for private sellers?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh that’s interesting, thanks!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,314 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kalsha said:
    Even for private sellers?
    Yep, I have a few BIN listings on a private account and have used time away settings on them as well. It’s very useful . 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • kalsha
    Options
    Thank you for the info.  Too late for me as I have ended my listings individually!   Good to know for next time.  Wonder why the time away setting does not show anywhere on my main page?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,314 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kalsha said:
    Thank you for the info.  Too late for me as I have ended my listings individually!   Good to know for next time.  Wonder why the time away setting does not show anywhere on my main page?
    Depends on your dashboard view. I have three main accounts I use and each shows a different view of seller dashboard. On 2 of them my time away is on my main dashboard near the bottom with all the account settings. On the last it is on the account tab at the top of the page.
  • kalsha
    Options
    Oh yes!  It is there right at the very bottom under Quick links.  I have never scrolled down that far!   Thank you.  It will be useful next time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback