I already owned the first and second floors of a detached house.  Last year I bought the ground floor flat and, as it was treated as a second home at the time I had to pay Stamp Duty of £8000.  I was then granted Planning Permission to convert the property into a single dwelling, and this is now complete.  The property has been registered with the Land Registry and Council tax rated by the local Council as a single dwelling.  I also own the Freehold.
As I now do not have a second home, should I be able to claim back all or part of the Stamp Duty?  I contacted the appropriate Authority, but they were less than helpful.  
Any advice would be gratefully received
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

British Gas prepay meter users...

...to pay less for gas from 1 April

MSE News

The 'odd Easter flavours' thread 2023

What bizarre food stuffs have you spied?

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools