Should I be cautious

Options
Davt75
Davt75 Posts: 1 Newbie
I posted a bike for sale on schpock and someone has just offered over 3 times the amount I quoted and said I have to accept the offer so we can chat, should I look at this as suspicious as I've never used schpock before? 

Comments

• Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Davt75 said:
    I posted a bike for sale on schpock and someone has just offered over 3 times the amount I quoted and said I have to accept the offer so we can chat, should I look at this as suspicious as I've never used schpock before? 
    Not many people have used Schpock  before. Most use the other site Shpock   :D

But as you have posted in the Spotted a local bargain? Let local MoneySavers know! Board.

Then the buyer obliviously believes it a bargain. Why would you not accept 3 times the amount?

Just read this first.   
    Avoiding fraud attempts - Shpock
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,314 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes it is an obvious and very old scam, google the scam and it will explain it all 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback