Green Deal Quote

Options
As title I have had a quote for cavity wall insulation, large 5 bed house 2308 sq ft floor area for £7857 before grant- seems high but is a large house was hoping others might have some benchmarks?

Comments

• drdutch
    Options
    We had the same idea for our flat, but were quoted 9k... for a much smaller place. I think companies might be inflating the price, knowing that 66% is paid through subsidies. Also, pricing will depend also on how easy it to get to the roof. It is very difficult to get to the roof of our terrace house flat, I am talking crawlingly difficult. Having said that, 7857 sounds a lot more reasonable.
  • Thegolfer104
    Options
    I've just been quoted £3k for a large ish detached house. It's quite complex with extensions that have been insulated when built and other areas of the original that haven't had insulation.
    I thought perhaps the contractor was inflating the price because of the grants but on checking I uncovered that average costs are c£20/m2. When I estimated the area to be insulated I came up with 200m2 which equates to £4k cost.
    So I believe the quote I received is reasonable and plan to act on that basis.
    Hope it helps.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure