How to disable pinch zoom on laptop

Options
I'd be really grateful if someone could help me disable the pinch zoom on the touchpad on my Lenovo laptop. I have googled it but don't seem to have the screens come up that they direct you to. I type mouse and touchpad into the search and click on the top result but can't seem to get any further. Thank you.

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Depends on the touchpad additional software you have installed.  These work in slightly different ways.  Elan, Synaptics, Elan, are the three most common ones.  Any of these show up when you type them into search?
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    edited 3 December 2020 at 8:53PM
    Options
    Click on the settings for your particular touchpad and look there. If you have a touchpad icon on the taskbar, right click it and untick the 'Enable Gestures' option, if it's there.
  • mayfieldgirl
    Options
    Thank you both. It comes up as Elan. When I right click on the icon on the taskbar I get a mouse properties box pop up.
  • neilmcl
    Options
    Thank you both. It comes up as Elan. When I right click on the icon on the taskbar I get a mouse properties box pop up.
    Not when you right click you don't, you've double clicked 😉

No matter, in the properties window there should be a tab for the Touchpad. Click on that, select settings and disable the gestures.
  • mayfieldgirl
    Options

Thanks. This is what comes up when I right click. 

• neilmcl
    Options

Thanks. This is what comes up when I right click. 

OK, right-clicking aside. As I described, click on the tab marked ELAN at the top and in there will be settings specific to the touchpad which include disabling all gestures or you can disable just the pinch to zoom one.
  • mayfieldgirl
    mayfieldgirl Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 December 2020 at 2:51PM
    Options
    Have clicked disable so hopefully ok. Thanks so much for your help. My sanity is restored.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback