Forum Home» Student Money Saving

Wrong plan on student loan repayment

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Wrong plan on student loan repayment

3 replies 83 views
matt1009matt1009 Forumite
2 posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
Hello,
I wondered if anyone can give some advice on this. 
I started a degree in Medicine in 2008, and took a break between 2011 and 2015 to complete a PhD, returning in 2015 to resume the course I started in 2008. I was charged tuition fees of circa £3k in 2015 as it was a pre-£9k fees course, and completed this course in 2018. When I started repayment I had two plans for repayment: plan 1 for fees incurred pre-PhD, and plan 2 for fees post-PhD. Given that the student loan website says plan 1 is for courses started pre-2012, plan 2 2012 and thereafter, am I on the wrong repayment plan, and should my whole balance be plan 1? The interest is much higher on plan 2 and ideally would like this refunded from the balance if so. Has anyone else had similar issues? 

Thanks,
Matt

Replies