New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Universal Credit/payslip

edited 3 December 2020 at 12:58PM in Benefits & Tax Credits
3 replies 94 views
cmbrookescmbrookes Forumite
24 posts
10 Posts Second Anniversary
edited 3 December 2020 at 12:58PM in Benefits & Tax Credits
Hello
My partner receives UC. She doesn't receive full entitlement because of my wage. A student loan deduction will be taken from now on before tax and also money taken for train season ticket before tax, hence affecting my net pay. Will the UC take into account the two deductions and just go on my net pay or wiill they desregard those deductions and base it what my netpay would be with out those deductions? 

Replies

• edited 3 December 2020 at 1:00PM
    calcotticalcotti Forumite
    10.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 December 2020 at 1:00PM
    Student loan repayment is not an allowable deduction for UC so any student loan deduction has to be added back to arrive at net earnings for UC purposes.
    Not sure about salary sacrifice for train ticket but I think that probably gets added back too.
    Therefore I would expect that, as you say, for UC it is your pay before those deductions that will be taken into account.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • cmbrookescmbrookes Forumite
    24 posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary
    I thought as much. Thank you.
  • poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    11.3K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmbrookes said:
    Hello
    My partner receives UC.

You both receive it, not just your partner. When living together, you claim as a couple.