Natwest Switch

Options
Hi,
I would be grateful for some advice please.  I opened a Natwest Reward account with the switching incentive of £125.  I jumped through all of the hoops to qualify for the incentive, however I am switching again as I cant take to Natwest, their mobile app and very high levels of security when making online purchases(which i suppose is no bad thing) just aren't user friendly.  I haven't received the £125 incentive as yet, I am sure it stated in the paperwork that I would be February 2021.  My question is, am I likely to still receive the incentive despite me switching out?

Thank you  :)

Comments

• Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I doubt it very much!
    The terms are here:
    https://personal.natwest.com/content/dam/natwest/personal/current-accounts/documents/nw-switch-offer-terms-and-conditions-oct-2020.pdf
    And they state:  
    • If you close your new or existing eligible current account before 12th February 2021 then no payments will be made to you.

• Calamityjen
    Options
    Thank you!  I am prepared to take the loss, I should never have switched in the first place being completely happy with Lloyds.  Ah well, you live and learn!!
  • NottinghamKnight
    Options
    Thank you!  I am prepared to take the loss, I should never have switched in the first place being completely happy with Lloyds.  Ah well, you live and learn!!
    You could always open a separate account, leave this one dormant until the incentive is paid and then switch it lout or close it. I wouldn't switch a 'main' account for incentives as it's too much hassle, but then I've got more than a dozen accounts which I manage.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    @NottinghamKnight
    Has the right idea.
    £125 is a good pay out, more than most people will get in interest in a year.

Open a new account for your internet needs, leave NatWest as your bill paying account till you get your bonus/bribe. Hopefully then. There will be other bonus/bribe offers to switch too.
    Just do not lose £125 just because they make it hard to purchase online.

TBH, you should always have a 2nd account as a back up. So if you do not have one, then it's putting you in a better place.
    Life in the slow lane
  • kazyg12
    kazyg12 Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Did anyone receive the £100 switch money yet? I thought it was by Feb 11th but nothing has gone in to my account yet …..
  • droberts26
    Options
    Yes, received mine on Feb 10th
  • moneysavinggirl40
    Options
    kazyg12 said:
    Did anyone receive the £100 switch money yet? I thought it was by Feb 11th but nothing has gone in to my account yet …..
    No i didnt get £100 for switching.I checked my experian files-looks like I banked with them in 2018 so I must have got the incentive so don't qualify for another.  I was hoping i could still get £50 for staying-10 transactions per month, but I don't know if i qualify for that either.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback