New Post Advanced Search

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries December 2020

89 replies 3.2K views

Replies

• dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    VALM - I'm the same with grammar and spelling, have and of really bugs me.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • sstevo19sstevo19 Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    One OUT today:

The Ordinary Natural Moisturising Factors + HA 100ml - My skin was breaking out from this even though I've used it before. So I've sent it to an Instagram friend who was waiting for it to come back into stock. I had only used mine a few times so I offered to send it to them. 

And one UU today:

The Body Shop Shea Body Lotion 200ml - WDBA and will do. This is so nice, and my skin loves it. Tube is always cut open and everything is scooped out. Going to replace with the Childs Farm baby moisturiser. 
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    dolly84 said:
    VALM - I'm the same with grammar and spelling, have and of really bugs me.
    There, their and they’re get me too.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • edited 14 December 2020 at 6:02PM
    London_babyLondon_baby Forumite
    375 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 14 December 2020 at 6:02PM
    UU:
    Skin Republic Bubble Charcoal Face mask - GWP. WNB despite cool bubbling effect on face. Skin did look brighter and smoother afterwards, but it was a bit too harsh for my skin. Also, trying to cut down on plastic use in beauty products.  Think I have another Korean face mask in stash so will add these to reycle stash.

Checked my stash spreadsheet and looks like 2021 should truly be a no buy year as only LHJ products left.
  • sstevo19sstevo19 Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    A couple UUs from the past few days:

La Roche Posay Cicaplast Mains 50ml - WDBA and will do. This is my favourite hand cream, it's exactly what my hands need at the moment. I've seen on the few French Parapharmacy websites I use that they've brought out a 100ml tube of this, going to see if I can buy that in the UK or if I have to order from France. Which will probably incur customs charges because of the B word (I'm not saying it). Hm. 

La Roche Posay Micellar Water 50ml - WNB as a full size. I got this free with something off a French Parapharmacy website. It's alright but I just used it up on my hands as a quick hand cleanser. 
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Mystery Glossybox finally arrived yesterday.  Bought one for myself and Emma and thankfully they contained the same products.  I bought the £10 Huda Beauty ones.  Got a HD highlighter palette which looked scary in the palette but am wearing one today and it's fine.  Also got a Floss lipgloss, Oryza lipstick (which is a mannequin colour but feels nice) - used it as a base, nail polish dry drops (can't remember the brand name) and an Imperial Leather shower gel (like the Rituals foaming ones).  Impressed for the price.

Have made a Superdrug order as well.  Getting low on my Elf concealer (they have discontinued my shade - how rude!) and have hit pan in the putty primer.  Have order the NYX High Glass primer as this is meant to be a good dupe for the MAC Radiance.  Otherwise, ordered body lotion (if anyone uses the Garnier ones they are half price at the mo) and concealer for Emma.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55