JAJA Credit Card

I have had a Post office credit card for many years but recently it has been sold to JAJA. 
I used my account for the first time under JAJA ownership - when I logged on to pay my account I checked my statement - I noticed that the only item I bought was shown as 25p more on the credit card statement than on my receipt from the shop. I have raised this with JAJA and asked for a 25p refund.  I know its not a lot of money but my concern is that if this is happening to a lot of customers then that is a lot of money going into the JAJA account and the 25p discrepany is just small enough not to be noticed.  Check your statements carefully.
In addition when I logged on and tried to add a new debit card to pay my balance the website would not let me do so - it just said service not available.  
Lastly a new JAJA card is showing on my account but I have not received it yet.  
My phone call was answered immediately when it was the Irish Post office credit card.  It took 10 minutes to get through to JAJA.  The operative was very pleasant but could only pass my comments on to head office.  They have promised to come back to me within 5 working days.  It will be interesting to see if they do.

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Unlikely that Jaja will be inflating transaction values themselves - who was the merchant and exactly how was the transaction authorised, i.e. is it possible that the mistake is with the retailer rather than Jaja, if, for example, a small shop keyed a different amount into a standalone card machine from what was on the till receipt?  What was the purchase, e.g. was it something that may have been subject to additional charges such as a 'cash' transaction fee?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback