Help with tax re-claim PPI

Got a refund of PPI in August around £2,000. When completing a form R40 Is it just MY income and not my spouses, I declare,  I am married, and I believe I have the Married couple allowance. Do I declare his income as the PPI was in my name only. The form is very confusing.


  • An R40 is for individual person, you don't include your spouse's income and you don't include PPI refunds as these aren't taxable and don't have tax deducted from them.

    You do include the statutory interest paid alongside the PPI refund as that is taxable and does have tax deducted.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards