New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Redundancy and company car tax

jont1_11jont1_11 Forumite
3 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
So my employer made me and many others redundant on 5th November and told us to claim everything owed from NI trust. Today they sent a letter out saying actually they will pay owed wages from last month and all owed holiday (4 weeks worth) themselves at the end of the month and to only claim redundancy and notice pay from NI fund.

I had a company car so paid a higher rate of tax each month and obviously pay up until 5th November I will pay the usual higher tax to cover use of company car, but as this benefit expired upon termination on 5th November will my owed holiday payment be subject to this increased tax or is it paid after the date the benefit was ended and will be taxed as normal?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.