Forum Home» Energy

Switch from Commercial Supplier

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Switch from Commercial Supplier

2 replies 42 views
gleggeglegge Forumite
2 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
I have changed the use of a property from a commercial office to residential home and now want to move from a commercial electrickery provider to a domestic supplier. Cannot get to the bottom of how to do this changeover. Any ideas? I’m trapped in out of contract business charges. Thanks. 


  • Robin9Robin9 Forumite
    7.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I suggest you initially switch to a supplier that does both - mainly the big ones - and talk to them.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • UnclaimedEnergyUnclaimedEnergy Forumite
    280 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Have you tried contacting your supplier? Do they supply both Domestic and non-domestic?

    As Robin said, if they don't, first thing would to get into contact with a supplier who does. Before switching and locking yourself into a fixed commercial contract though make sure you talk them through the situation.

    The main thing that needs to happen to change though is what your property/connection is classed as on Ecoes (Electric supply database). You'll need to have this updated to a domestic connection first before you'll be able to get domestic rates (again ,may be better with a different supplier if yours doesn't offer domestic tariffs)

Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support