Homeless

suchiexxx
suchiexxx Posts: 3 Newbie
First Anniversary
edited 19 November 2020 at 9:03PM in Marriage, relationships & families
I have been caring for my Mom for the past few months due to underlying & worsening health issues. The NHS keep cancelling important appointments & I was all on my own whilst caring for her, I didn’t really know where to turn to. She is very unstable & I believe she is experiencing psychosis (she has bipolar and hasn’t been taking her tablets). She has actually kicked me out & made me homeless, so I am currently staying between friends houses.

I also do not have a bank account as it recently got closed (see previous post), so I am really stuck. I have no money, no way to get to work, unable to receive my wages or even pay important bills, & I don’t even have minutes on my phone to be able to call anyone for help.

I’m stuck. I feel so alone 

Comments

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You need to let Social Services know about your Mum if she is not willing to accept help from you. Can your friend lend you their phone to make essential calls? e.g. to Citizens Advice for a referral to Foodbank and for a Benefits Check?

I can't see your previous post about why you have no bank account (can you provide a link to the post?), but you can ask your employer to pay in to a friend's bank account (assuming you trust your friend sufficiently). You can also have your friend pay any important bills, but you need to sort out a bank account asap. Did you receive advice on opening a basic bank account? A local homeless charity might be able to advise on how to get a basic bank account while being essentially homeless. This could be a good option for support and advice for you as they tend to operate via drop-in centres.

If you can let us know which town/city or borough of London you are in, other people may be able to offer specific information as to where you can get help and support. 
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    tacpot12 said:
    You need to let Social Services know about your Mum if she is not willing to accept help from you. Can your friend lend you their phone to make essential calls? e.g. to Citizens Advice for a referral to Foodbank and for a Benefits Check?

I can't see your previous post about why you have no bank account (can you provide a link to the post?), but you can ask your employer to pay in to a friend's bank account (assuming you trust your friend sufficiently). You can also have your friend pay any important bills, but you need to sort out a bank account asap. Did you receive advice on opening a basic bank account? A local homeless charity might be able to advise on how to get a basic bank account while being essentially homeless. This could be a good option for support and advice for you as they tend to operate via drop-in centres.

If you can let us know which town/city or borough of London you are in, other people may be able to offer specific information as to where you can get help and support. 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6216680/halifax-closed-my-account-then-rejected-my-switch#latest
  • AskAsk
    AskAsk Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    have you spoken to social services about being homeless?
    why did halifax close your account?  banks don't do so without any reason.
  • Contact your local authority about being homeless. and also apply for benefits  - surely you can get a basic account?
    With love, POSR <3
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure