Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Sky Essentials Package

edited 18 November 2020 at 7:36PM in Phones & TV
3 replies 1.2K views
SUPERGIRL2020SUPERGIRL2020 Forumite
76 Posts
10 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
edited 18 November 2020 at 7:36PM in Phones & TV
I'm thinking of getting it as I'm on a low income. Has anyone else got it? If so is it a good deal and exactly what channels come with it 

Replies

• Neil_JonesNeil_Jones Forumite
    6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of getting it as I'm on a low income. Has anyone else got it? If so is it a good deal and exactly what channels come with it 

I could probably make the argument that if you're on a low income then throwing money at Sky to get a bunch of channels you can already get for free on Freeview probably isn't the wisest choice you could make...  But its your money.

You might want to look at BT Basic, if you're on specific low income Government benefits.   A social tariff and if you're eligible it'll be better on your pocket.  You can add broadband to this and get IIRC 15Gb?

• paulyispaulyis Forumite
    1 Post
    Fifth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    We have been with SKY for years. If I were considering signing a contact now, I wouldn't with SKY. I would look at NETFLIX.
    SKY has now decided to charge for films that should be within the package. EG Jack Frost, Home Alone, Back to The Future.  lots of old, but good films. They are screening newer films within the pacage, that frankly I wouldn't pay to watch.
    So, if you are having to be careful with your money, look at the free channels, and Netflix.
  • Neil_JonesNeil_Jones Forumite
    6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    paulyis said:
    We have been with SKY for years. If I were considering signing a contact now, I wouldn't with SKY. I would look at NETFLIX.
    SKY has now decided to charge for films that should be within the package. EG Jack Frost, Home Alone, Back to The Future.  lots of old, but good films. They are screening newer films within the pacage, that frankly I wouldn't pay to watch.
    So, if you are having to be careful with your money, look at the free channels, and Netflix.

You're probably looking at the entries from Sky Store.  Those have always been chargeable on top of what you pay for Cinema.  If you want those films and you really like them, head over to Amazon or eBay and pick up the media relatively cheaply.