New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

IPL at home

2 replies 70 views
Has anyone used these and had good results? 
They are currently half price in Boots and considering buying one, I had planned to use for some facial hair but not limited to, but I do have a couple of moles in my face which may get in the way depending how precise the machine is, but not sure if I could cover the moles with something?? 
I have suffered with PCOS but no idea what my hormone levels are like now but the hair is still an issue albeit better than when I was younger.
Any thoughts most welcome 
Thank you 

Replies

• edited 21 November at 3:11PM
    borderlineborderline Forumite
    227 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 21 November at 3:11PM
    Yes, I bought the Philips Lumea a few years ago. I love it. It has made a huge difference . Make sure you have the right type of skin and hair . I first started using it on my legs and armpits. After a few uses the hair has stopped growing, not 100% , I still get a few here and there but barely noticeable. At the beginning I used it as recommended , I think it was a treatment every two weeks or so. Now I can go for months without any need for it. I used on my face as well, I was hesitant to use on my face but I'm glad I did, I only use it on moustache area and chin, before I was waxing, not anymore.  Once thing is that I have some blonde hair in my chin, it does not help on this, those ones I tweeze them out  .
    The negative about the Luema is that if you are working on a large area, say the legs, it takes a long time to cover and also you have to place the laser at the right angle on your skin or it won't work, it takes a bit of practice but it can be time consuming on larger areas. 
    Avoid the moles , just don't place the laser around the moles. 
  • annabanana82annabanana82 Forumite
    966 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, I'll have to give it some thought, I have a mixture of colour hair from blonde, red and dark. 
    I won a competition and had a free course of IPL when it first came out many years ago the hair was much darker and it did make a difference, but I couldn't justify £1200 at the time to pay for the second course of treatment.