Back to work grant

Options

Comments

• LITTLE_LISA_2
    Options
    im thinking of going back to work ive not worked for a very very long time im talking years !!!.
    i do however volunteer in a charity shop mon-fri and thats where the full time sales assistant job offer is
    im a lone parent with no maitenance for my son at all ( the dads done a runner ) so i was really worried and concerned to know what i have to do
    ive read a few of your replys and appreciate the information provided thankyou !!!
  • lexa34
    lexa34 Posts: 587 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is this info up to date as I hear there had been some changes?

Thanks
    Green and minimal chemicals is the new black- I know a fair old bit about sustainability, specially energy and transport stuff. If I can help- please ask!
  • emsywoo123
    emsywoo123 Posts: 5,440 Forumite
    Options
    lexa34 wrote: »

Thanks

Hi, As a single parent having been on IS without a break for 6 months, I got:
    £250 Job grant
    4 weeks HB & CT run on
    £250 clothing voucher thingy

Not sure about what you get if not a single parent, maybe a better response on the employment board?
    Em x
  • mummytofour
    mummytofour Posts: 2,636 Forumite
    Options
    emsywoo123 wrote: »
    £250 Job grant
    4 weeks HB & CT run on

Not sure about what you get if not a single parent, maybe a better response on the employment board?
    Em x

Plus an extra £40 a week tax credits for the first year???
    Debt free and plan on staying that way!!!!
  • healy
    healy Posts: 5,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Plus an extra £40 a week tax credits for the first year???

I think it is called the back to work credit and is separate from working tax credits.
  • real1314
    real1314 Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    lexa34 wrote: »

Thanks

The thread started 4 years ago, got revived again 2 years later, and you've woken it up again. It's be better to just start a new thread :confused:
  • srichards
    srichards Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    emsywoo123 wrote: »
    £250 Job grant
    4 weeks HB & CT run on

Em x
    The HB&CT and the £40 per week depends on your salary. You only get it if its £15k or under.

I didnt qualify for it, but I did qualify for the £250 (single parent) back to work grant, that didnt depend on salary (Im on 30k+)

For the back to work grant, they send you a very simple 'tick box' form, and tend to pay it within about 2 weeks.
  • fizzel81
    fizzel81 Posts: 1,623 Forumite
    Options
    i started work 23rd septmeber i got my run on and my in work credit but still no sign of my job grant

any idea how long job grant takes
    DFW nerd club number 039 :p 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' :money: i will be debt free aug 2010

2008 live on 4k +cb £6,247.98/£6282.80 :T
    sealed pot 2670g
    2009 target £4k + cb £643.89:eek: /£6412.80
  • vikki2k1
    vikki2k1 Posts: 490 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i have been unemployed for more than a year, but have signed off claiming jsa a few times for holidays and visiting family etc.
    will i still be entitled to the job grant as i need new clothes for my new job and i cant afford them myself with only £95 :confused:
    thanks
  • shamrock77
    Options
    If you are on income support for less than 6 months do any of these benefits back to work grant ect apply? Im hoping to be out working soon, my first claim went through mid jan 2011?.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure