PPI

Options
Hello 
forgive me for being dumb but I have just recalled that when I took out a pension with TSB bank back in late 80s early 90s I had to take out a life insurance policy at the same time is that the same as PPI and can I make a claim for that 

Comments

• Mingarryman
    Options
    Westy68 said:
    Hello 
    forgive me for being dumb but I have just recalled that when I took out a pension with TSB bank back in late 80s early 90s I had to take out a life insurance policy at the same time is that the same as PPI and can I make a claim for that 
    No and no.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pensions never had PPI on them. Just not possible.
    Pension term assurance was a possibility and a great option.  You got tax relief on your life assurance.  Great little number back then at tax relief rates in those days.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Jimski_25
    Options
    I recently received a demand from a ppi recovery company. They are claiming.ing ppi repayment fees from 2015.. At this time I was moving house and did not receive a cheque. Could anyone advise me how to get in touch with citifinancial to discover what happened to cheque 
  • Jimski_25 said:
    I recently received a demand from a ppi recovery company. They are claiming.ing ppi repayment fees from 2015.. At this time I was moving house and did not receive a cheque. Could anyone advise me how to get in touch with citifinancial to discover what happened to cheque 
    Personally I'd google "citi financial" and use the contact us link on their website but after 5 years you'd be onto a hiding to nothing I expect. Why did you not follow it up at the time? More importantly, why did the PPI company not ask you at the time...
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jimski_25 said:
    You should post on a new thread and not "thread hijack" someone else's on a totally unrelated subject.    Thread hijacking is considered bad form and unfair on the original poster.   Copy and paste your post into a new thread and delete this one please.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback