Independent third party needed for holiday arbitration

Recently went on a holiday in Wales on a glamping campsite. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Should have been a swimming pool, nope, unusable due to chemical problem. Should have been a shower block, nope, was being renovated.
Anyway the owner is being rubbish about my attempt to petition for a fair refund. He's offered us either 5% off our holiday or 50% any future holiday. 
We've refused and said that's unacceptable (we don't want to go back and 5% off is an insult).
He HAS said, however, we can find an independent third party to arbitrate. But who? I can't find anyone. 
Tips?!

Thanks

Replies

• sherambersheramber Forumite
    16.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Did you stay or did you come home as soon as you realisd these were not available?
  • edited 9 November 2020 at 9:53AM
    cakstercakster Forumite
    33 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 9 November 2020 at 9:53AM
    We came back - but what I'm really after is tip for who would be able to arbitrate? Doesn't need to get massively official, we just need someone independent in the industry to help
  • sherambersheramber Forumite
    16.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Unless he is a member of a trade organisation there is not likely to be any. 
    Did you pay by debit or credit card?   Then you could look a chargeback or S75 claim on the grounds the service/goods you bought weren't provided. 

• ThumbRemoteThumbRemote Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I really wouldn't bother trying to arrange arbitration. The site was unable to provide the holiday you booked, you didn't want the holiday with lesser facilities, and you should just push for a full refund. 

As sheramber says, if you paid by card look at chargeback or Section 75 claims.