We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
OS Daily Saturday 07 November 2020
Gers
Posts: 13,994 Forumite
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning
7
Comments
-
Good morning folks.It's a bit chilly here though the thick fog which came down last night has gone.Yesterday turned into a lazy'ish day. I didn't go out, just pottered around. I changed DM's bedding before her shower, bunged it in the WM and then hung it up when done. This didn't really stretch me much. 😀😀
This morning it's Saturday shop time. Then DM"s friend is coming for their afternoon of crosswords and Scrabble. I'll be reading and looking forward to SCD.I hope that everyone is doing well. Keep heart! Happy Saturday to all.15 -
Morning All
Murky outside this morning, like Gers, the fog has lifted from last night and we are due to have sunshine today, hurrah!
I have the towel wash to put out then I'll do the dressing gowns, hopefully they will nearly dry outside.
I have DS1 and the DGC coming today, that's my peaceful weekend shattered! I also have to look after little Sophie this afternoon whilst the parents go and look at kitchens they can't afford. Hopefully the bigger ones can keep the little one amused, DGS adores her and she loves to be with him.
Housework all done and apart from painting the hole in the wall is fixed, chap came to finish sanding off yesterday when I got home from work, I'll have to have a move round of pictures now for that wall.
Hope you all have a good weekend, take care. XX13 -
Morning everyone
Little one was sent home from nursery yesterday as she was coughing.....both her and DD have now had a test....hopefully its just a cough. So a quiet weekend for me. I last saw them on Tuesday so longer than 48 hours but I'll not go to mam and dads tomorrow unless they've got a negative result back.
I have an appointment at the opticians this morning....I think I need an adjustment to my contact lens prescription as I'm struggling to read when the light is dim. I'll probably walk in as the sun is out and it looks set to be a nice day.
Washing to hang out and a few jobs to do. Hope everyone has a good day12 -
Good morning, I was absent yesterday because of being a busy beetle.
The new washing machine arrived on Thursday and I did a machine cleaning wash, then left it overnight before tackling the piles of waiting laundry.. There was an awful lot, despite washing clothes by hand - I stopped doing that a couple of days before, once I know when the new machine would arrive. Fortunately it was a bright day, though not much of a breeze and I got most things to the airing stage though the final load had to go on airers indoors. I did a second batch of towels this morning, those are on the line now that it is light and another load of clothes is in progress. I still have bedding to do but that is less urgent as I have enough to manage without needing to wash for weeks. This washing machine does seem to have a lot of programmes and optional extras but not the most essential one which would be an ironing attachment.
In between washing and s bit of tidying, I had a big hack at that bl**du buddleia, cleared away the resultant debris and then cleaned and mended the bird table. Then it went dark so I carried on with my baby hat - that's done just needs a bit of finishing now. And some little bootees to go with that and the most recent jumper. Then I'll make a bear. All my friends' babies or grand babies get bears in babygros. I can knit up a storm but the making up is hard for my hands now, sometimes I have to have a pair of small pliers to help me.
I have been waiting for the final sycamore leaves to fall but most if them are down now. I'm leaving one bit of garden wild with lots if leaves for wildlife but there is a limit to how many leaves I can accommodate, even with several bagfuls for leafmould, will have to be inventive.
Fireworks have been banging away every night for the last 10 days now, I can't imagine it stopping tonight, then it is Diwali soon. A*da were advertising their firework range, just before lockdown. I haven't been out but I can envision it now, all trolleys packed with loo roll and fireworks, what a combination! A friend of mine has greyhound rescue dogs and they can be quite nervous, she has made them ear covers by cutting the toe part off socks and then the rest of the sock fits over their heads. I think it has been effective for one of them, not so much the other one.
I think it is time for me to start footling about aimlessly until it gets a bit warmer, when I'll footle about outdoors instead.
Hope everyone has a good day.
I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back14 -
Morning all,It is shaping up to be a nice day, there was frost on the cars when I took big dog out - she loved rolling on the frosty grass on the park.We had another bad night with her & fireworks.Her best spot is on the landing ,all doors shut and the tumble dryer on! I wish we could find something that worked a bit better for her
.DGS is snuggled on the sofa with the ipad, as yet no sign of DGD but she was later going to bed. I think they are going to check DS house in a bit, and hopefully move some more stuff over.I got some of the toys and games out of the cupboard to hopefully take, but they just played with some last night, mainly quiz type th ings - they love outdoing each other. We all had pizza for tea last night, tonight it's a meal deal from Mr T- an Indian inspired lamb bake.I have to get 2 for us but then you get 2 bottles of wine, so not a bad deal, cheaper than a takeaway! I tend to give myself a break from cooking on Sat nights!Hope you have a pleasant weekend
x:heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)15 -
Morning folks and thanks GERS. I think you have kindly sent your fog down here - and we are supposed to be having sunshine! After yesterday's dense fog cleared we were left with a bitterly cold day.
Grocery delivery this morning and an early text informed me nothing was missing, including the most important item - my Saturday night Strictly treat of a bag of sweeties to chomp on! Highlight of my week. Meanwhile the freezers have been tidied and sorted out in readiness for the frozen arrivals.
I think a day of sloth is in order. Another silly o'clock wakening to thank for that. My stupid sleep pattern is getting back to how it used to be. I suppose life as it is these days is to thank for that.
Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) for all in need. DP1 fingers crossed the test is negative for DGD.. My DF's DIL has just tested positive and she's already had Covid in the first lockdown. Poor lass has other problems too so it's quite a worry for them all. Take care one and all stay sane and safe. x"If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"13 -
Morning all DH has taken the dog out and i am just sitting with a cuppa we are going to try to finish the bedroom decorating today but DH has woken up with a bad tooth and a hamster cheek on one side so i shall be calling round trying to find a dentist this morning . Otherwise my plans are the same as usual just pottering about probably having a chinese tonight DS is paying as thanks for taking him to the station this week . Have a good day one and all xxSlava Ukraini13
-
Morning everyone
Gers - thanks for starting us off x
Bright sunny start to the day - forecast says for an ok day.
DH watching catchup tv, I'm showered, dressed and just enjoyed scrambled egg on toast for brekkie - need to use the eggs up. DS1 still in his pit, atlhough I can hear a bit of movement - he's missing the gym already but he's still working at the moment. DS2 settled and happy.
Dinner last night was pies, chips, mushy peas and gravy for the menfolk. I had fishcakes and veg. Tonight will be breaded chicken, bacon, cheese and salad in flatbreads, with skinny chips and coleslaw. Tomorrow will be roast pork with all the extras.
I got done what I wanted yesterday and the SM wasn't busy at all - I was there for when they opened and there was possibly 5 people who came in behind me, but when I left there was certainly more cars in the car park than there has been in the past few weeks at that time. The checkout guy said it had been manic since last Sunday to the middle of the week. I just got my normal shop.
Keep safe and well x
nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB11 -
Morning
Beautiful day here today cold but beautiful blue sky
Usual Saturday here. Shopping arrived with very surprisingly nothing missing. Weirdly their internet site must have been having a wobble yesterday as a last minute edit showed most of my order as unavailable. In my infinite wisdom I grabbed a slot for Sainsburys tomorrow to make up for it. Will have to edit that today too as I have doubled up on lots.
Nothing much else planned bar some meal planning, the emptying of the dishwasher and my usual call. Have a call planned with my American friend this afternoon who is desperate for Biden to win so I think she will be happy.
Food wise I quite fancy simple tonight so probably an omelette
Have a good day all12 -
Morning all
Bright and sunny here but very cold there was a sharp frost this morning too. OH has his work clothes in the wm and I have a towel load waiting to go in next will put them on the line for a while today.
House needs a quick going over and hopefully OH will mow the lawns if he does I shall assist by raking the leaves that are all over the grass hopefully that might be the last cut for this year.
Prawn pasta for dinner tonight I ordered scallops again but they did not turn up, are people panic buying scallops ???
so might get some chirizio to put in instead.
Take care everyone and stay safe xx
11
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
