Boots No7 advent calendar fail. Item not sent

Hi all
As a MSE member, we had one day early access to purchase this years No7 advent calendar from Boots.
I used this early access to place my order. I received my confirmation email, money left my account and I received another email telling me the delivery day to my local Boots counter.
I went to my local Boots who said it’s not arrived and to wait for another email. Nearly three weeks later, no email, so I emailed Boots asking for a delivery status update.
Without any discussion, I was informed they are refunding me. I replied explaining I’m not requesting a refund but an update. Their reply was, your calendar has been lost in post, so we are refunding you. 
I was then told to place an order for an alternative calendar No7 12 days of Wizard of Oz, if I wanted a replacement as the others have run out of stock.
I emailed to say how disappointed I am but have had no reply. Their way of handling it by quickly refunding without any discussion has raised the hairs on my neck.

Has anyone else had issues with Boots No7 advent calendar this year?

Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Well if they have run out of stock what do you expect them to do?

• sheramber said:
    Well if they have run out of stock what do you expect them to do?

Helpful post.
    I was asking if others have had issues. 
    Expectations:
    Perhaps a good apology!
    Or even an offer of a reduced advent. As to be expected to pay the same as refunded amount for a substandard alternative is poor service.
    Perhaps, sorry but would you like to purchase I.e. the Wizard of Oz, if so I will put that order through for you! Rather than, we do sell another if you want to go online and place the order yourself.
    Perhaps, we’ll not refund you if you want al alternative, that way you don’t have to purchase something else before waiting the 14 days for your refund. 
    I think the expectations could go on.
    Thanks for your post but it didn’t really offer anything to this thread.

Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam

• Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    They had them on the shelves in my local store a couple of days ago but obviously it varys across the store network. 
  • I’m sure there will be some, but even if they are not. I think more could have been done, they were too quick off the Mark, it made me suspicious hence the post, just to see. Think I just had a poor service agent dealing with my issue.
    thanks though.

• Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Update 6th November. Back in stock online. 
  • Neil49 said:
    Update 6th November. Back in stock online. 
    Your a star, thank you very much. Will look now.
    thanks again, this is a very kind act for you to do.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback