Amigo Loans

Options
Hi, I'm not sure this message is in the right place but hopefully someone will be able to help. I took out a loan with Amigo in October 2014 and paid it off in June 2015 with some help from my parents. I put in a claim because on the off chance I might get something back from them. To cut a long story short they have come back saying they have no record of my loan on their system. I was just wondering if there is a specific length of time that Amigo should have my records on file for? And if anyone has any advice on my next steps? Thinking I may just need to let it go!!
Many thanks!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 November 2020 at 9:11AM
    Options
    If they have no records, you'll need to supply your own evidence of your PPI payments.  However, this is all assuming you made your complaint in time.

They don't need to still have records.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Do you mean you complained about the loan being miss-sold somehow? What were your complaint reasons?
    Standard rule of thumb is 6 years of records but you might need to send a DSAR to get a copy of all the data they hold on you, it's not impossible they have got rid of the files given it's over 5 years ago and their data retention rules could be different
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
     I was just wondering if there is a specific length of time that Amigo should have my records on file for? 

No. The FCA recommends 6 years but its not a mandatory on something like this.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback