Ebay returns label

Options
I have a buyer who claims ‘not as described’ and is wanting a returns label. I am private seller, selling my unwanted clothes mainly. Was listed as used and with marks....buyer claiming unwearable as so many marks.  I know eBay tend to side with buyer so I gave return address, at least I could resell. Then I got case opened, I assume. I’m not happy if I have to pay for return shipping. I send label , money deducted from my account? Never had this issue before 
LBM.....sometime in 2013 £27,056. 10 creditors
June 20.....£7,587.....3 creditors left 72% paid

£26,200 on interest only part of mortgage (July 16)...will chip away £17,103
£49,200 repayment mortgage ( July 16) £37,764

Comments

• cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's always best if buyer opens a case as you then get your selling fees back. You will be responsible for return postage & if you can't or won't supply a pre paid Royal Mail label, ebay will do so & debit your account for the cost. It's been this way for quite some time I believe.

Personally I'd not risk selling any clothes with marks, only those that are new & unworn or perhaps only worn once with absolutely not a mark in sight. Else you leave yourself wide open for people not being happy & opening cases for a return.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    zenshi said:
    I have a buyer who claims ‘not as described’ and is wanting a returns label. I am private seller, selling my unwanted clothes mainly. Was listed as used and with marks....buyer claiming unwearable as so many marks.  I know eBay tend to side with buyer so I gave return address, at least I could resell. Then I got case opened, I assume. I’m not happy if I have to pay for return shipping. I send label , money deducted from my account? Never had this issue before 
    Just make sure you stick to the timelines and issue a returns label, otherwise you may lose more than you realise. 
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They need to open a not as described case.
    If you think you accurately photographed the item with all marks shown and described it well then you could try refusing the return, but it is still possible eBay side with the buyer. They then send out the returns label to the buyer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback