JaJa/AA - Section 75 refunds suddenly reversed?

I have an AA credit card, recently transferred from Bank of Ireland to JaJa. 

After endless issues with Norwegian Airlines and BA over refunds, I made Section 75 claims in the summer for flights I couldn’t take due to Covid. These totalled around £2.5k and I got credits applied for the funds in August and September. So far, so good. I heard nothing formal from AA, just saw the credits applied to the account.

Tonight I logged on to pay my credit card bill (£253, I wanted to pay the full balance). To my horror I saw the balance was nearer £3k, although there are no pending transactions showing on the app. 

I called JaJa and I was told all the flight values are showing as pending on the account as of yesterday’s date. It’s bizarre because they’re from different airlines, so it seems to be a JaJa decision to reverse my s75 claim/credit applied, rather than the retailer’s. (Would be too much of a coincidence especially as the credits were applied in different months).

They advised me to call the fraud line tomorrow as they’ll help me fastest, but couldn’t help any more than that. 

I wondered if anyone else has had a similar issue with s75 claims being reversed several months after the funds were applied? I have no idea what to do next, I thought it was all done and dusted. I had no idea this could happen and I’m a bit panicky.  

Comments

• I would suggest the refunds were done as chargebacks not S 75.
    The airlines had 45 days to contest the chargebacks which they appear to have done so.
    So you are back to square one - you need to contact the airlines to see where you go after this.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    If they are not from the same airlines as the original debits then it looks like fraud.

I'm a bit confused when you say you saw a £3K balance, but JaJa say they are pending...

Do you mean your available balance was down that amount?
    Life in the slow lane
  • whitesmith
    whitesmith Posts: 239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 October 2020 at 3:30PM
    When you say "for flights I couldn’t take due to Covid" do you mean that you couldn't go, or that the flights themselves were cancelled?

If the flights were not cancelled then the airlines would have contested the chargeback.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback