Non delivery of sofa

Options
Hi im new to everything on here so apologies of I make a mistake, I bought a sofa and 2 chairs from the range and the expected delivery date was 12 Nov which was perfect as having new carpet fitted on 11th,got a email saying the sofa n chairs will be delivered 29th October massive panic so gave away old sofas on the same day as they delivery, got a text saying delivery between 11-1 then another saying up to 5 hour delay, finally get a text saying can't deliver today,I rung up the delivery company who said the van had broken down and that they couldn't tell me a delivery date, rung up the range who were unhelpful and said that they would refund the delivery charge as compensation,I'm disabled with multiple sclerosis and have nothing sit on so where do I stand with compensation 

Comments

• KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Erm you stand next to a space where there are no sofas.

Sorry but you should not have got rid of your old sofas before the new ones arrived. 
  • Were_Doomed
    Options
    Ask on the community Facebook page, or on Freecycle, if someone can lend you a chair/sofa until your new furniture is delivered.

Do you not have a bedroom or dining room chair that you could use in the living room in the meantime?
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    There's no harm in asking for something but you're not entitled to compensation.  The Range are not responsible for your current furniture situation.

As above, you need to see what interim arrangements you can make.
  • swingaloo2
    Options
    Could a relative, friend or neighbour lend you a chair?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback